Best Performing Brand in 2019 with Top awards in 5 out of 9 categories
RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is proud to announce the rankings and results of J.D. Power’s 2019 Kitchen and Laundry Appliance Satisfaction studies. As the number one selling brand of major appliances1, Samsung has achieved number one rankings in both Laundry and Kitchen, ranking the highest in five out of nine categories.
Consumer satisfaction was measured on a 1000-point scale and was based on six factors: ease of use, features, performance and reliability, price, styling and appearance, and warranty. Highlights of this year’s study include:
- In Front-Load Washers, Samsung ranked number one for the second year in a row out of 5 brands and performed highest in ease of use, performance and reliability, price, styling and appearance and features.
- In Top-Load Washers, Samsung ranked number one out of 5 brands and performed highest in performance and reliability, price, ease of use, features, styling and appearance and warranty.
- In Clothes Dryers, Samsung ranked number one out of 5 brands and performed highest in performance and reliability, price, ease of use, features, styling and appearance and warranty.
- In Freestanding Ranges, Samsung ranked number one out of 6 brands and performed highest in performance and reliability, ease of use, styling and appearance, features and warranty.
- In Over-the-Range Microwaves, Samsung ranked number one out of 6 brands and performed highest in performance and reliability, ease of use, price, styling and appearance and features.
“At Samsung, we are proud to be recognized by J.D. Power’s Appliance Satisfaction studies on such a broad scale,” said John Herrington, Senior Vice President, General Manager of Home Appliances, Samsung Electronics America. “The J.D. Power results are invigorating and reinforce our commitment to unique design and innovation. As we focus on our 2019 and 2020 line-ups, we are excited to bring more cutting-edge products to the market that inspire consumers and achieve the level of performance our consumers have come to expect.”
About J.D. Power
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. These capabilities enable J.D. Power to help its clients drive customer satisfaction, growth and profitability. Established in 1968, J.D. Power has offices serving North America, South America, Asia-Pacific and Europe.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, N.J., Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovative leader in consumer electronics, mobile devices and enterprise solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA is pushing beyond the limits of today’s technology and providing consumers and organizations with a portfolio of groundbreaking products in appliances, home entertainment, Internet of Things, mobile computing, smartphones, virtual reality, wireless infrastructure and wearables, in addition to offering leading content and services related to mobile payments, 360-degree VR video, customer support and more. Samsung is a pioneering leader in smartphones and HDTVs in the U.S. and one of America’s fastest growing home appliance brands. To discover more about Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com. For the latest Samsung news, please visit news.samsung.com/us and follow us @SamsungNewsUS.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com.
1 TraQline, Number 1 market share of large U.S. home appliance from 2016 to current (Q1 2019)
Current Global for Samsung Electronics America, Inc.