SAN FRANCISCO, March 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 28 Silver members and three Associate members. Linux Foundation members help support the development of shared technology resources, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation in some of the world’s most successful open source projects including Hyperledger, Kubernetes, Linux, Node.js and ONAP. Linux Foundation member contributions help provide the infrastructure and resources that enable the world’s largest open collaboration communities.
Through 2018, on average, a new organization joined the Linux Foundation every day.
“Linux Foundation members understand the importance of collaboration in order to further advance open source and open standards,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, the Linux Foundation. “Innovation no longer happens in silos, and I am looking forward to working with these 31 new members to promote growth across every industry.”
In addition to joining the Linux Foundation, many of the new members have joined projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, the Ceph Foundation, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Hyperledger, LF Edge and the Zephyr Project. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/.
Linux Foundation Silver members contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects. New Linux Foundation Silver members who joined recently are:
- Akatsuki Inc is Japan’s leading mobile gaming company.
- Alluxio Inc is the world’s first system that unifies disparate storage systems at memory speed.
- Aricent is a global design and engineering company innovating for customers in the digital era.
- Beijing Kingsoft Cloud Network Technology Co., Ltd. provides cloud storage platform based services.
- Bitmovin API based products help developers around the world solve the most complex video problems with cloud native software that runs anywhere.
- Blameless Inc helps teams go beyond just incident management to managing the complete cycle of site reliability engineering.
- CodeBlocks LLC is a free C, C++ and Fortran IDE built to meet the most demanding needs of its users.
- Cognitive Cloud Solutions Sp. is a top-tier software consultancy company that focuses on Programmable Infrastructure and Cloud Native applications.
- Cuemby LLC is a technology specialist helping business build sustainable ecosystems based on native cloud technologies.
- Decipher Technology Studios blends expressive visual design, perceptive data analysis, and secure multi-sensor totality to extend your contextual awareness and bring you clarity.
- dog hunter LLC is a convergence of technology company bringing together the age of IOT, open source software and open source hardware.
- Flowchain is a distributed ledger for peer-to-peer IoT networks and real-time data transactions.
- FPT Software delivers world-class services and solutions in Smart factory, Digital platform, RPA, AI, IoT, Enterprise Mobilization and more from delivery centres across the United States, Japan, Europe, Australia, Vietnam and the Asia Pacific.
- ftrack AB is a scalable cloud-based project management solution used in the media and entertainment industry to help teams meet the ever-increasing demands of post production.
- grape up is an IT consulting firm, helping companies leverage cloud-native technologies and DevOps approach to deliver software faster, better, and safer.
- Mattermost Inc. is a flexible, open source messaging platform that meets even the most demanding privacy and security standards.
- MemSQL is a modern relational database for cloud and on-premises that delivers immediate insights for modern applications and analytical systems.
- MontaVista Software provides commercial quality Linux and developer tools that significantly reduce the time and effort required to deliver commercial products to market.
- Outcert is a technology education platform that simplifies the search for professional certifications.
- ReGovTechnologies develops products and solutions for enterprises and public sector to be highly transparent, inclusive and efficient.
- Root9B LLC is a leading provider of advanced cybersecurity training, products, and services.
- Shanghai Zhuyun Information Technology Co., Ltd. develops cloud based platform and solutions and provides technical and consultation services of public cloud structure.
- Silicon Valley Bank provides financial solutions and business insights designed for growing companies.
- Squadcast Inc helps transform tech workplaces with world-class reliability engineering practices.
- Sylabs was founded by the creators of Singularity – the high-performance container technology specifically designed to enhance Enterprise Performance Computing by building containers that support HPC, analytics, AI, machine learning, and deep learning to provide intelligence anywhere.
- talend delivers a single, open platform for data integration across cloud and on-premise environments.
- Tidelift is a managed open source subscription that gives you the flexibility to build with open source together with the confidence of commercial-grade software.
- Wandclouds Inc offers both solutions and services to solve the operational and security challenges around hybrid cloud and multi-clouds networking, management, analytics, and troubleshooting.
Associate members of the Linux Foundation include government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining, and using open source technologies. The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Auburn University RFID Lab is a research institute focusing on the business case and technical implementation of RFID and other emerging technologies in retail, aviation, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Cambia Health is a total health solutions company that is deeply rooted in a 100-year legacy of transforming the industry and the way people experience health care.
- Securitize provides industry-leading tools and services for issuers of, and investors in, digital securities. They are dedicated to providing their customers with services that will ensure their funding and capital management services.
With the support of its members, the Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking (ONAP, OPNFV and more), security (Core Infrastructure Initiative), cloud (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and more), blockchain (Hyperledger) and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology rapidly advance in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
Note – The Linux Foundation releases a look back list of new members joining the organization every month.
About The Linux Foundation
Founded in 2000, the Linux Foundation is supported by more than 1,000 members and is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, open standards, open data, and open hardware. Linux Foundation’s projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, and more. The Linux Foundation’s methodology focuses on leveraging best practices and addressing the needs of contributors, users, and solution providers to create sustainable models for open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The Linux Foundation
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-linux-foundation-welcomes-31-new-members-300820139.html
SOURCE The Linux Foundation